Throw you cloak of blindness over me
A warming comfort, that I cannot see
Where my hands are,
are what you hide
Minds that mate
Breaths divide
Shackles warm
Are made of skin
Exultation I shout
I’m not within
A prison made
Because there are no chains
At the screaming winds I shout
Claw and maim
I’m a drifting thought
Carried away
by the dreams I bought
From kite peddlar led astray
Dreams are
flying free
I am ‘I’
but where is me?
Vivid numbness
overwhelms my mind
Is it the ground or myself
that I’m trying to find?
Flash on your lights
You will see it in the dark
The kite is pure white
Yet it and heaven
are worlds apart
Lightening strikes
Like veins on the arm of the Lord
Down it smites
Needing no melody,
just playing the chords
Notes divine on a celestial lute
This stony soul may yet bear fruit
My arms tire though the kite yet flies
Painting the truth
though the colors are lies
Both are connected
By a single, fragile line
Though the method is sacrilege
The result is divine
Flying high
In a sundered sky
White on black
Black on white
Am I the man or the kite?
The string,
or the wind of the night?
Scattered
5 months ago

1 of them wept:
Post a Comment