CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blown Away

You know that place in Model Town, Lahore that got blown up by a suicide bomber? A man and two children died. More were injured. The building is quite simply... Gone.

I used to work there.

I still remember the man who died- the gardener congratulating me when i bought my guitar. A gracious man he was, and the children were fairly adorable too.

It is rather interesting how permanent vertain aspects of life-scape can seem. I never thought that i would never see that building again. But i wont now, will i?

Strange, the situation currently is. Even my beloved Lahore is no longer safe.

Yet, life goes on as it always has. Thesun still rises in the east and sets in the west. Birds chirp, nonchalant and cool spring breezes blow as if to deny anything has occured.

Tell that to the widow who lost her children, her husband, and one of her legs.

1 of them wept:

S. said...

tragic tragic tragic