Well, I'm finally at home with my family for the long haul....i.e. until august. Its nice to finally be home, but what can Iay... I still miss my friends...and her.
Hope she misses me even slightly.
Nevermind.
Anyhow, I have got tgo get back to writing.;..and soon! I miss the power of the pen.
It seems like the next 2 months may, to great extent, determine the outcome of my life. Wish me luck, its a challenge.
Scattered
5 months ago

1 of them wept:
Ali,
I came across your blog while surfing Blogger, and I can't help but noice that you seem very despondent over life in general and over a specific girl in particular.
Rather than patronize you by saying you're going through the pangs of youth, I'd like to tell you something that could alter your life if you allow it to.
I was young once (heh), and I let my life ride the rollercoaster of highs and lows based on how people treated me and how my circumstances went. That's an awfully frustrating way to live, and depending on one's world view, it could ultimately lead to nihilism and utter despair, or it could lead to a life of wanton debauchery seeking pleasure wherever it can be found.
I lived like that for about 15 years; not in complete debauchery, but certainly in complete self-absorption. I did whatever floated my boat. Let me tell you, living solely for yourself is a dead-end street.
I sought for meaning in philosophy while in college, and thought I found it, until I learned that human philosophy is a waste of time. As you look through the history of philosophy, you see each succeeding generation of young thinkers thinking they have answers that the previous generation was too stupid to figure out. Yet what you find out in the end is "there is nothing new under the sun."
I tried delving into politics. I thought this was a worthy endevor because so many people seemed to worked up about it. I found my "political identity" (which is from a conservative bent), and thought this would give my life meaning and purpose. However, I found myself getting worked up like everyone else about things I had little power to change! That, plus the constant bickering between the two major political points of view just seemed a collosal waste of time.
At this point, I found the woman I would eventually marry, and my life got practical very fast! I found myself pursuing spiritual matters--things of eternal import. Bottom line, my journey led me to give my life and place my faith in Jesus Christ alone for my salvation. He is my hope and my joy!
Ali, what I want to leave you with is this: There is a God, and He does love you, and He sent His Son to die for you so that you could spend an eternity with Him. He could give your life joy and meaning and purpose!
Now, maybe you think I'm crazy, and maybe you think all this "Jesus talk" is silly. Be that as it may, remember this: Truth is truth, no matter what we think about it. You can deny the truth and refuse to believe in it, but that doesn't make it any less true. I would encourage you to investigate the truth claims of Christianity for yourself! Read the book "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel. Check the works that this book references and diligently search for the truth yourself. If you do so with an open mind, you won't be disappointed.
Carl
Post a Comment