CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

For a friend(s) (rough edit)

My friend
Your smile is luminescent
And your eyes hold a deep shine
Like finely polished amber
Veiled by the gauze of
The approaching dusk
I've seen your tears
Although you've never wept
In my presence
And as they fall
can we consider them to be
Dripping morning dew?
As we both apparently know
that the dawn shall come soon
And vanquish all these dreams
That you hold so near
And so dear
To your aching bosom
There is a strange sort of beauty
You realize (in all its irony so
Intense it could only be divine)
In beauty's destruction
In how we set ourselves up
So painstakingly
Only to fall like rows of dominoes
Only to crackle and pop like
Iridiscent fireworks
Would it then be horrible if I
Stopped that last domino from falling?
If I gave it back to you
To use as a cornerstone
In the new tower you shall someday make?
And would it be horrible if I
Caught one of your dying embers
And gently blew on it to keep it alive.
and used it to start
A gentle, slow burning fire
To warm you from the inside out?

My friends, I fear
That your smile shall break
With all the magnitude of crashing thunder
And that your eyes shall rain
In bitter raging torrents
But remember that only
In destruction can something
Be born anew
And that something shall always
Be beautiful to me
For no other reason but
Because that thing
Is you.


Sent from my iPhone