CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, March 27, 2009

On Love and Loss Assured

God created you
I,
Us,
From clay


Tell me then,
If I ever (lost within the confines of the thought that I shall lose
you as surely as I love you)
Traced your picture
(with my blackened finger
And unadultered tears)
In the grey dust of urban decay...

... Would you feel my caress?

6 of them wept:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful,potent stuff,Ali baba.. love it.

And to answer your question, yes, she would :)

Xeb said...

:)

neeli said...

=)

Ramala Hubb'Allah ra said...

Hmmm! How very fascinating! Just the other day I was tracing a city over a map -- a city where my loved ones live -- and wondered if they knew someone from the family was looking at them from up above, in a way.

But shoo this story! Your poem is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Perfect.

Anonymous said...

Perfect.